Edwards Sound Systems Ltd(Head Office)
Address:68 Walls Road, Penrose, Auckland 1061, New Zealand
PO Box 12-834, Penrose, Auckland 1642, New Zealand
Phone:09 571 0551
Fax:+64 9 579 3746
Opening Hours:Normal Hours:
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Hire and Counter Sales
mobile:DDI 581 2131
Hire and Events
Phone:09 571 1169
mobile:021 474 691
Hire and Events
Phone:09 571 1164
mobile:021 682 515
Ellerslie Events Centre
( Michael Hudson)
Michael - Onsite at Ellerslie
Sales and Installations
Phone:09 571 1165
Sales - 2N Paging Systems and Education Sector
Phone:09 571 1166
mobile:021 474 979
Sales - Pro Audio and AV
Hire Dept Manager
Phone:09 571 1163
mobile:021 720 646
Repairs and Service
Operations and Logistics
Phone:09 571 1161
mobile:021 866 342
Phone:09 571 1160
Jonathan Hardie Neil
Phone:09 571 1162
Who we are:
Edwards Sound is a 100% Kiwi owned and operated business, with over 50 years on the clock. The company started in the early 1960’s supporting the local Auckland market and beyond, providing professional sound, lighting and audio visual solutions. As with a fine wine, our skills and the capabilities of our staff have only improved with age.
Our operations centre in Penrose is a 13,000 sq foot facility packed to the rafters with state of the art sound, lighting and AV equipment for hire or sale. If we don’t have it – then it probably doesn’t exist.
If you want to find out more about our services, please make an appointment to visit our Demo Room so we can show you in person.
What we do:
The Hire team at Edwards have the creativity to make anything happen. Sound, lighting, display, video, streaming, special effects – we do it all!
- Personal: our experienced account managers and technical operators will happily advise you on how best to make your event happen, no matter the size. Call us or visit our Demo Room to see our gear in action.
- Knowledgeable: we work alongside venues, with large and small corporates and community organisations, with event organisers, wedding planners and celebrants, or individuals wanting to organise sound, projectors or lighting for their own party. Hire Case Studies
Sales & Installation
Our Commercial Sales team provides solutions for all your sound, display, control and lighting product requirements. We are proud to represent world renowned bands as the New Zealand agent for Crestron, 2N Paging Systems, DAS Audio, Chiayo Wireless, Antari Fog and Smoke Machines, Aeromic Headset Microphones, Fitness Audio Equipment, ITC Public Address and JB Lighting to name a few.
- Personal: call us, come to our showroom or our highly qualified and experienced sales team will visit you personally to identify your needs and provide you with a solution that takes advantage of all that today’s technology has to offer whilst respecting your budget. We can work directly with you or we will work alongside project managers, architects and builders.
- Knowledgeable: we create or update meeting rooms, training facilities, community halls, conference and hospitality venues. paging systems, schools and colleges and more. We can simply provide the equipment or manage the installation and setup. Sales and Installation Case Studies
Repair & Service
In-house we have a woodworking and engineering facility, and a repair department that can carry out component level electronic repairs and service equipment we hire and sell.
The way we put it together sets YOU apart
Edwards Sound is one of Auckland’s top providers of AV technology and we are always looking for great people to join our team.
Edwards Sound prides itself on being a professional yet friendly company. As well as being highly client focused we also recognise that our success is built on the work of our fantastic team members.
We offer great career development opportunities and competitive salary packages.
If you think you have what it takes to join our team, please forward your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to increased demand, we are looking to expand our register of approved and experienced freelance AV engineers providing on site delivery of our projects, mainly in the Auckland area.
Successful freelance AV Technicians will ideally have a proven history, have experience with a range of equipment and have good all round knowledge of the events industry.
Good customer facing skills and strong team ethics are essential.
If you are available, and feel you can add value to our team then please send your full technical CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The original Vlog - a week in the life of Edwards
- The install team working hard at Snow Planet's cafe, transforming REINZ's board room, getting detailed at a gym and catching up with a happy customer at The Good Home Bar
- The Hire team prepping for the Shipwrecked Festival 2018, getting giddy about the new DAS Audio Vantec 12A speakers and deep in thought at a Hire Team Meeting
Week 5: 'Edwards On Tour' at SPANZ Conference 2018 in Queenstown and the IDEAL Electrical Trade Show 2018 in Dunedin
Week 4: sharing the latest on AV to school leaders at the Auckland Primary Principals Association breakfast, installing the DAS Audio experience into some lucky schools - they won't know what's hit them. And some staff training...
Week 3: stepping inside the legendary Auckland performance venue Cassette Nine, a close up look into the minds of our hire team and the first of probably many installments on the re-purposing of the boardroom...
Week 2: our installers working out, customer training on our number one selling PA System the Challenger 1000D and a glimpse into the Edwards mothership.